[R-sig-eco] mvpart alternatives and machine learning multivariate analysis

Ralf Schäfer senator at ecotoxicology.de
Sat Jun 24 17:57:10 CEST 2017

Manuel,

I just checked, it is currently still compatible. So you can download from the archive and install from source - at least on Linux and OS X, nut sure about Windows.
See Session information below:

> R version 3.4.0 (2017-04-21)
> Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0 (64-bit)
> Running under: macOS Sierra 10.12.5
>
> Matrix products: default
> BLAS: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/lib/libRblas.0.dylib
> LAPACK: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/lib/libRlapack.dylib
>
> locale:
> [1] de_DE.UTF-8/de_DE.UTF-8/de_DE.UTF-8/C/de_DE.UTF-8/de_DE.UTF-8
>
> attached base packages:
>
> other attached packages:
> [1] mvpart_1.6-2

> [1] compiler_3.4.0

However, there are certainly other packages that can partition multivariate ecological data, though I am not aware of other packages for use with multivariate regression trees.

Regards
Ralf