[R-sig-eco] correlating three time-series in R

Tania Bird taniabird at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 11:07:36 CEST 2017

I have three data sets of abundances through time for plants, insects and
reptiles.
There are 6 samples over a ten year period (all taxa sampled at the same
time).
I recognise this is a small data set for time series.

I would like to correlate the time series to see if
a) increases in abundance of one taxon are correlated to another, and
b) to see if the correlation between plants:insects is greater than
plants:reptiles.

I thought to use the cross-correlation function in R
e.g.  ccf(insects, reptiles)

Currently the data is in one dataframe with time as one column and
abundance of each taxa is the next three columns.

How do I convert the data to a time.series format as given in the R
example?

How can I compare the two ccf outputs?

Thanks

Tania

Tania Bird MSc
*"There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's
greed" ~ Mahatma Gandhi*