[R-sig-eco] extracting variance components from lm

Lee, Laura laura.lee at ncdenr.gov
Fri Jul 21 14:19:22 CEST 2017

Hi all-

I have a fairly simple model:

m1 <- lm(Catch ~ Year + Station + Year*Station, data = data)

I would like to extract the among years and year*station variance components and need assistance. I'm aware of the 'varComp' package, but I believe that only applies to nlme and requires a random effect. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers,

Laura

Laura M. Lee
Senior Stock Assessment Scientist
Division of Marine Fisheries
Department of Environmental Quality

252 808 8094    office
252 726 6062    fax
mailto:Laura.Lee at ncdenr.gov

3441 Arendell Street
P.O. Box 769
Morehead City, NC 28557-0769

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the
North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.