[R-sig-eco] mixed effects in ordination (?)

Bob O'Hara bohara at senckenberg.de
Thu Jan 12 14:29:14 CET 2017

This doesn't sound like an ordination problem: it's more similar to a
standard mixed model regression. There are several ways to approach
this, for example Ben Bolker has some (old) notes here:
<https://rpubs.com/bbolker/3336>

I'd suggest you start by running the analyses on each trait
individually, as that way you can make sure you have the model sorted
correctly. The step up to the multivariate model just needs some work
understanding what the relevant R package wants.

HTH

Bob

Bob O'Hara

NEW EMAIL: bob.ohara at ntnu.no