[R-sig-eco] unequal sampling effort with the use of different sampling equipment

Belyaeva Anna BelyaevaAnna at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 28 23:13:45 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I have a question about unequal sampling effort with the use of different sampling equipment.
Before I got involved in this project, its sampling design was determined and has unequal sampling effort (different number of samples) with the use of sampling equipment, which has different sampling area. 35 sediment samples were taken from each lake: 25 samples from the profundal zone and 5 samples from each sublittoral and littoral zones. The corer was used to take profundal samples (16.61 cm2). PONAR was used to take sublittoral and littoral samples (sampling area of 231.04 cm2). I want to analyze if the number of sediment types differs between lake zones. What is the way to account for differences in sampling procedures? Is it appropriate to conduct regression of residuals or multiple regression on this data?

Sincerely,
Anna