[R-sig-eco] predict community by community and environment

mailbox Franz f.krah at mailbox.org
Wed Oct 26 10:13:55 CEST 2016

Thanks Leonard and Erick,

I found ecodist function MRM to fulfill my purpose!
Seems to be a „hard test“ of several independent distance matrixes (community and env data) and a response distance matrix.

I am new to this whole community explains community thing and find it quit confusing.
I had a sig. correlation using mantel test, no sig. with the procrustes test; then I had a sig. predicting relation using coccorrespondance analysis.
Then I ran the MRM and had again no sig. effect.
I thought the cocorrespondance (R package cocorresp) is already a hard test weather a community can predict another community.
Thus I am confused why the MRM says no sig… I mean internally they work quit different, however, what to trust?

Maybe someone can help?

Best, Franz