[R-sig-eco] Adonis for significance of clusteredness from hclust (vegan package)

Pierre THIRIET pierre.d.thiriet at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 16:31:00 CEST 2016

Dear Ansley,

I agree with Zoltan.

I suggest SIMPROF test in package "clustsig". A complimentary package
for use with hclust; simprof tests to see which (if any) clusters are
statistically different. The null hypothesis is that there is no a
priori group structure.
See Clarke, K.R., Somerfield, P.J., and Gorley R.N. 2008. Testing of
null hypothesis in exploratory community analyses: similarity profiles
and biota-environment linkage. J. Exp. Mar. Biol. Ecol. 366, 56-69

HTH
Pierre