[R-sig-eco] different result for permutest (vegan, R) and permdisp (PERMANOVA/Primer)

Cade, Brian cadeb at usgs.gov
Mon Nov 28 19:29:32 CET 2016

Ellen:  Not sure why these differences would occur but note that with two
groups of 3 observations each there are only 6!/(3!3!) = 20 possible
permutations.  Not sure where your 720 came from.  Also, I would not expect
a permutation test for homogeneity of dispersions to be very useful with
such small sample sizes.

Brian

Brian S. Cade, PhD

U. S. Geological Survey