[R-sig-eco] Quantile regressions across several predictors

peterhouk1 . peterhouk at gmail.com
Thu May 26 00:43:10 CEST 2016

Greetings -

I'm wondering if folks might be able to point out the best approach for
examining the influence of any particular quantile of many predictor
variables simultaneously?  For instance, the below data show three
potential predictors of a dependent variable, but in this case, we might
want to use the 50% quantile (i.e., mean) of each predictor.  I'm wondering
if there Is any standard approach for dealing with multiple predictors,
that when binned, can no longer be contrasted in a single model.

Thanks for any discussion and guidance,

Peter

pred 1 pred 2 pred 3 dependent
2 14 4 800.5987