[R-sig-eco] Anyone using GME that is linked to R?

Bruce Miller batsncats at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 20:43:33 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Anyone out there using Hawthorne's
Geospatial Modelling Environment (Version 0.7.2.1). (software). URL:
http://www.spatialecology.com/gme?

He has a set of examples for running iterations for running the same GIS
data extractions using a loop.

The example given is for kernel density estimates based on a set of
input points.  This uses R paste commands for inpath and outpath and
defines the variable for the iterations
Where the i = animal IDs and the j = months

inpath <- "C:\data\"

outpath <- "C:\output\"

for (i in 1001:1010) {

for (j in 1:12) {

kde(in=paste(inpath, "telemetry.shp"), out=paste(outpath, "kde_an", i,
"_m", j, ".img"), bandwidth=1000, cellsize=r.eval((250000-120000)/2000),
where=paste("ANIMALID=", i, " AND MONTH=", j));

};

};

What I am trying is to generate Minimum Convex polygons using this code
below.  i= bat ID and j= survey night for radio tracking.
inpath <-" Z:\_MCP\Feb_bats\Stonehouse\"
outpath <-" Z:\_MCP\Feb_MCP_by_bat\Stonehouse\"
for (i in 1:19) {
for (j in 1:22) {
genmcp(in=paste(inpath," Stonehouse_nights.shp"),
out=paste(outpath,"MCP_Bat", i, "_night", j, ), where=paste("Bat=", i, "
AND Night=", j));};};

I continue to get the following error message:
+++++++++++++
Error: The default input/output working folders have not been specified,
therefore not enough information has been supplied to open the specified
data source

Error: Could not open input point data source.

Apparently I am blind, senile or both as it appears the in and out paths
are defined.

Hopefully a fresh set of eyes will spot the issue.

Tnx,

Bruce

GME Log File