[R-sig-eco] Create a grid and extract species and climate data

Buddhi Dayananda buddhi6 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 09:16:06 CET 2016

Dear friends,

I am looking for R support to arrange my dataset which I tried and failed
in Arc GIS.

I have 6 bioclimatic variables and 14 species. I want to create a 10kmX10Km
grid to Australia (like a fishnet in Arc GIS) and extract presence/absence
( 1/0) of species in each grid and mean/ or values for each variable ( like
a matrix).

Eg

 Grid number or centroid coordinates Sp1 Sp2 Sp3 Sp4 Bio1    Bio2

1                                    1  1   0   1    25      15

2                                    0  0   1   0    19      20

3                                    1  0   0   0    25      30

4                                    0  0   1   1    18      25

Any assistance would help.

Buddhi