[R-sig-eco] Ordinal Categorical Data Predicting Continuous Dependent

E A thismerikanlife at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 18:04:41 CEST 2015

Hi list,

Which test or set of tests would you recommend for the following type of
data?:

My goal is to see if the response of some groups and treatments are
statistically significantly different. My dependent variables are
continuous (although one of them is a continuous count). I have two ordinal
categorical independent (predictor) variables; the interaction between the
two is also important to investigate. Additionally, continuous predictors
are not available for the data I have.

Here's an example to illustrate (No need to critique the example variables
themselves):
--Does nestling weight (continuous) differ by mouth size (small, medium,
large),  birth order (oldest, middle, youngest), and their interaction)?
--Does number of feedings (continuous count data) differ by mouth size
(small, medium, large),  birth order (oldest, middle, youngest), and their
interaction)?

Thank you for your input! I apologize if this is not the appropriate place
to post this question.

Best,
Ericka