[R-sig-eco] Survival model selection

Diego Salazar dsalazar at ugr.es
Tue Nov 10 09:41:21 CET 2015

Hi all,

I am trying to fit a survival analysis to determine effect of two
factors on survival, factors have 3 and 5 levels respectively. N is 1050
and experiment is balanced. I have used "survival" package for analyses.

I have problems in select the best survival model for my data, I fit
several parametric models (weibull, expontential, gaussian, lognormal,
loglogistic, logistic) and a Cox model. Model selection was made by AICc
being Cox model the best option by this criteria, but I am not sure that
AIC is valid to compare parametric and non-parametric survival models.
Moreover, my data violates the proportional hazards assumption of Cox
models.

For all of this, I don't know what model select.

Thanks in advanced

Diego Salazar

--
Diego Francisco Salazar Tortosa