[R-sig-eco] Home range calculation

Angelika Gummert Angelika.Gummert at gmx.de
Fri May 8 09:39:37 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I am using R only recently, so I do not have much experience in it. I hope
you can help me with my problem. My data.frame is really large and contains
species names, latitude and longitude data. I would like to calculate with
this data.frame the home range of each species (about 700) in a given area.
If possible I want to put these home ranges on each other, in order to
calculate the species composition of a selected point or region within my
research area. So I want R to tell me: The species "A", "B" and "D" can be
found at the coordinate xy (and/or if possible within the polygon z) in your
research area. Is this possible with R and if so, how can I do it? I tried
the  package "adehabitat", but I could not really solve my problem because
of my limited knowledge.

It would be nice if you could help me.