[R-sig-eco] life forms spectrum analysis

Ludovico Frate ludovicofrate at hotmail.it
Mon Mar 16 22:32:08 CET 2015

"Let me paraphrase what you wrote to see if I understand. You have a number
of plots each populated with a variety of plant species"

OK,

"and you are
interested in only two of those species."

No, I'm interested in the whole plot composition! I would like to understand if there are differences in terms of life forms composition beteween two groups of plots (each group has 70 plots). A simple t-test or other non parametric tests do not work fine with count data, as in my case. In addittion some life forms are uncommon so I have a lot of zero count in my data!

You ask if there are meaningful
 in the relative abundances of each of your two species of
interest in the plots.

Inviata dal mio Windows Phone