[R-sig-eco] How to calculate relative abundance along taxonomical hierarchy

Gian Maria Niccolò Benucci gian.benucci at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 17:11:41 CEST 2015

Hello everyone,
I am working on a fungal dataset with 151 OTUs distributed in 20 samples. I
have imported it as phyloseq object and as normal species matrix as well to
work with the vegan package.
I am trying to find a way to get relative abundances at different
hierarchical level goruping the abundances of the OTUs present in my
dataset. For example, if I want to know what is the relative abundance of
each Phylum (or of each Family, or each Genus) how can I do? There is a way
to do that inside R?
Thank you very much in advance,

--
​Gian​