[R-sig-eco] mvabund SIMPER alternative

carvin90 vincentc at unis.no
Tue Jun 2 15:38:53 CEST 2015

Hi community,

I am new to stats to this level in ecology. I am trying to compare DNA and
RNA libraries with thousands of OTUs. I summarized taxa to get the most
abundant species, but I can obtain only relative abundances. I was thinking
to use SIMPER as I read in several paper to test which species differ the
most per station between DNA and RNA based libraries. However I found that
SIMPER is a more or less robust test. I was wondering if the manyglm was
also an alternative for my question or if you suggest another function.
Thank you for your help!