[R-sig-eco] How to classify the scales of dbMEMs/PCNMs?

trichter at uni-bremen.de trichter at uni-bremen.de
Mon Jul 20 18:32:52 CEST 2015

Dear list,

I am working with dbMEMs/PCNMs as spatial covariates in RDA with
species composition data.
I want to give my covariates some meaning, and as many research papers
suggest, the way to do it is to divide them into scales ("broad",
"medium","fine"). However, i cant remember reading about how this
classification is made, especially when one works in a comparably
regular grid. So, do you have any advise on this classification?

Thanks a lot, Tim