[R-sig-eco] problem with kernel UD estimation using adehabitatHR

dmaa davidbecas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 18:14:00 CEST 2015

Hi André,

Your suggestion on grid parameters helped. I played with grid and extent and
found nice solutions. Thanks!

After reading the package pdf I have found that
"Note that the home-range sizes returned by this function are slightly
different from the home-range size stored in the SpatialPolygonsDataFrame
returned by the function getverticeshr . Indeed, while the former measures
the area covered by the rasterized home range (area covered by the set of
pixels of the grid included in the home range), the latter measures the area
of the vector home range (with smoother contour). However, note that the
difference between the two estimates decrease as the resolution of the grid
becomes finer"

Cheers,

David