[R-sig-eco] error message in package "FD", function dbFD ()

Laura Riggi laura.riggi at slu.se
Wed Jul 15 15:35:06 CEST 2015

Dear R community,

I  have some trouble with the dbFD function in the FD package.

> str(a)

'data.frame':    150 obs. of  48 variables:

> str(x)

'data.frame':    48 obs. of  9 variables:

ex1 <- dbFD(x,a)

Error in dbFD(x, a) :

  Species labels in 'x' and 'a' need to be identical and ordered alphabetically (or simply in the same order).

I have checked multiple time the data set but this message keeps on appearing. The names of the species are identical in both data.frames.

I was wondering if you could help me by giving me an example of an excel trait and species matrix table to upload for this package. Below is a snapshop of my data. I have also checked that there are no NA's problems and that there is no species abundance = 0 or no community with 0 species.

Thank you for any advice!

Best

Laura

Species table (a)