[R-sig-eco] model selection with truncated poisson distribution

James Rodger rodgerjg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 12:52:06 CET 2015

Hi,

Can anyone advise me on model selection in glm with a  zero truncated
poisson distribution?

I have used a the command vglm in the vgam package to analyse the data with
pospoisson specified as the family and I have evaluated alternative models
with a log-likelihood test. I am not  sure if that the test statistic will
follow the chi-squared distribution, however.

My data is on seeds per fruit (minimum 1) in different experimental
treatments and different densities of plants.

Regards,

James