[R-sig-eco] Using multiple species data for gam

Rajendra Mohan panda rmp.iit.kgp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 05:02:56 CET 2015

Dear Prof David Warton

Thanks a lot for your nice introspection on my data. I appreciate your
valuable comments. I am also trying to explore gamm or VGAM to match its
suitability with data. Its fine. However, I am thinking to reduce my data
structure by removing some of the species showing interspecific
correlation. Honestly speaking I do not have thought of it. Can you please
give more insights regarding this (interspecies correlation). I am also
interested in studying species-environment relationship (not by CCA or RDA).

Your kind comments are highly appreciated.

With Best Regards
Rajendra M Panda
School of Water Resources
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India