[R-sig-eco] Using multiple species data for gam

Rajendra Mohan panda rmp.iit.kgp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 10:41:20 CET 2015

Dear All

I have >1000 species with presence and absence (0 or 1) values and with
seven corresponding predictor variables. If I can run gam/glm for the data
using all species data simultaneously vs predictors. Data are arranged in
columns against their GPS locations (see below). I know it is possible to
do separately for each species.

Your kind response is highly appreciated.

Sites  Sp1  Sp2 Sp3 Alt Temp Pptn   Ft
1A         0      1    1     20   30     1000 Evergreen

With Best Regards
Rajendra M Panda
School of Water Resources
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India