[R-sig-eco] RLQ appropriate with factor variable in the R matrix?

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 23:19:51 CEST 2015

Hello,

I apologize this is more of a statistics question, but I am unsure where
else to ask.

Does it make sense to analyze data with L=abundances, Q=fuzzy coded traits,
and R=Treatment (factor with 6 levels) with RLQ?
many thanks,

--
Stephen Sefick
Auburn University
sas0025 at auburn.edu
http://www.auburn.edu/~sas0025

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are so
little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and make us
feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the annoying little
problems of being mammals.

                                -K. Mullis

"A big computer, a complex algorithm and a long time does not equal
science."

                              -Robert Gentleman