[R-sig-eco] Change ggplot legend

Luis Fernando García luysgarcia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 11:11:07 CEST 2015

Dear R experts,

I am trying to make a new plot. I have already finished and I just want to
change the color for the axis number and the legends, I have tried to make
the last function by removing the legend and adding a new one but it did
not work.

If any of you knows how to correct this, I would really appreciate it. My
aim is to rename the series as "Sp1" and "Sp2".

Thanks in advance!

HEre is the plot code

p <- ggplot(t,aes(x=Ratio,y=Time)) + geom_point(aes(shape=factor(Sp)))

p + geom_smooth(aes(linetype=factor(Sp), ),colour="black", method='lm',
se=F)+theme(panel.grid.major = element_blank(), panel.grid.minor =
element_blank(),panel.background = element_blank(), axis.line =
element_line(colour = "black"))+

theme(legend.position="none")+#Remove legend to add a new one

scale_shape_discrete(name  ="Species",labels=c("Sp1", "Sp2"))