[R-sig-eco] doubt in generating loops with For

Vít Syrovátka syrovat at sci.muni.cz
Thu Apr 16 09:40:10 CEST 2015

Hi Thiago,
I am not familiar with the diversity measure you are trying to calculate
and your example code is not complete - one can not simulate your comm
and dist objects.
But at the first sight one can see that in your loop you are trying to
select columns 1, 2, 3,... 1000 from the comm matrix, which probably has
only 10 columns (if sites are in columns and species in rows, contrary
to how such data are traditionally stored).

for(z in 1:10)
instead of
for(z in 1:1000)
should do the job.