[R-sig-eco] Compositional Data Analysis: Simplex Scaling Function Selection (Rich Shepard)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 26 21:07:18 CEST 2014

On Fri, 26 Sep 2014, Kari Lintulaakso wrote:

> you might be interested of http://www.compositionaldata.com/.

Karl,

   Yes, I am familiar with that Web site. I was disappointed that the forum
lacked any activity. No response to my posts.

> They have a forum for CoDa related questions. There seems to be a new
> R-package for CoDa: zCompositions.

   zCompositions is installed here. It focuses on principled methods to deal
with zeros and left-censoring in compositional data sets.

   Also installed are robCompositions for various imputation methods for
missing data and the new (version 1.4.0) compositions.

   The tools are present and the documents read. Now I need to learn how to
select the appropriate options for the data sets to be analyzed and the
questions to be answered.

Many thanks,

Rich