[R-sig-eco] data structures for ecological data

Peter Solymos solymos at ualberta.ca
Wed Nov 19 22:38:39 CET 2014

Jason,

The segments in 'mefa' just add a 3rd dimension to the object, but that
does not limit accessing the stored information. Sample attributes can have
spatial information, but it is not specifically designed to support spatial
analysis. More concrete feature requests are welcome.

There is an update of 'mefa' called 'mefa4', and also Steve Walker's
'multitable' package, none of them comes with pre-built spatial analytics
capabilities but might worth checking out.

Cheers,

Peter

--
Péter Sólymos