[R-sig-eco] Vegan-Adonis-NMDS-SIMPER

Gavin Simpson ucfagls at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 16:42:16 CET 2014

Hi Steve,

I agree with your points here; I simply wanted to avoid the impression
that `betadisper()` did anything with the centroids. It did seem like
the OP and some others had got this impression.

I also agree that the PCoA way of computing the centroids is a useful
tool not just for `betadisper()`; there is no reason that this be
restricted to running a `betadisper()` just to get that information.
I'll see about removing this functionality from being embedded only
`betadisper()` and abstract it out to a user-visible function that
`betadisper()` can use internally.

--
Gavin Simpson, PhD