[R-sig-eco] Extract residuals from adonis function in vegan package

Ivailo ubuntero.9161 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 16:23:05 CET 2014

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 5:02 PM, Alicia Valdés
<aliciavaldes1501 at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, what I attempt to do is to perform an indicator species analysis
> (ISA) with these residuals. I want to see if I can find species which are
> indicators for different environmental conditions, but first I would like
> to remove the differences in species composition due to the study region

Isn't an indicator species analysis *based* on differences in species
composition? How could one "remove the difference in species
composition due to region" and then still hope to identify indicator
species for the regions that are "equalized"?

Cheers,
Ivailo
--
"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." --
Dorothy Parker