[R-sig-eco] Extract residuals from adonis function in vegan package

Arne Erpenbach arne.erpenbach at gmx.de
Tue Mar 18 16:12:19 CET 2014

Hi all,

On 18.03.2014 12:53, Alicia Valdés wrote:
> I would like to first use adonis to remove the region
> effect, this is, to fit a model like

Jari, and Eduard - please correct me if I'm wrong.
It's just a quick thought: couldn't you, Alicia, use Condition() to
remove the effect of region out of her analysis? Something in the line of:

capscale(communitydistances ~ environmentalvar+Condition(region))

Indicator species analysis could be done for each region separately.

And additionally, you could use simper() for analysing groups in your
data - which should be compatible to capscale if you use beta-w there
(as presence-absence analogon to BC distances).

Cheers,
 arne