[R-sig-eco] Extract residuals from adonis function in vegan package

Jari Oksanen jari.oksanen at oulu.fi
Tue Mar 18 13:21:37 CET 2014

Dear Alicia Valdés,

On 18/03/2014, at 13:53 PM, Alicia Valdés wrote:

> My problem is that I cannot figure out how to get residual values from the
> adonis model.

You cannot get residuals from the output of adonis().

We could change the function so that this is possible, but the current function does not return information for getting residuals. Neither would they be residuals in the traditional meaning of the word as we are dealing with dissimilarities or distances, and these cannot be negative. We got to discuss this with vegan developers.

Cheers, Jari Oksanen