[R-sig-eco] joint distribution

Baldwin, Jim -FS jbaldwin at fs.fed.us
Fri Jan 17 17:20:44 CET 2014

An explicit formula for a posterior distribution is not something to expect from an MCMC procedure.  But the next best thing to an explicit formula for a posterior distribution is a zillion samples from that distribution (which is what you have).

What you can do is display smooth representations of the individual marginal distributions (and bivariate marginal distributions) using the density function or functions in the KernSmooth and ks packages.

Jim

Jim Baldwin
Station Statistician
Pacific Southwest Research Station