[R-sig-eco] What package and steps needed to emulate legacy NTSYS ?

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 00:21:09 CET 2014

That sounds simply like a job for the base hclust() function. The help
for that function has a worked example.

But Euclidean distance is probably the wrong choice for mixed binary
and continuous variables. I'd suggest looking into other options, like
maybe Gower, and also rethinking whether both types of variables
should be in the same analysis.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee