[R-sig-eco] growth curves - grofit

A.P.B. Carneiro apbc2 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 13 13:55:58 CEST 2014

Dear all,

I am trying to use grofit package for biological growth curves. I would
like to see which curves describe best my data and from them predict
results I don’t have.

I basically have a sample of data containing wing length of some birds
(as a growth measure) and their respective ages. And I have another
sample just with wing lengths (not associated with an age). The format
is a little different than what is specified on the package. What I
would like to do is:

1)      Find the best curve that describes my data (using the data that
I have ages),

2)      Apply the results to the data I don’t have ages, and predict
these ages.

Is it possible with grofit? Any ideas how to do it?

Thanks,

Ana

--

PhD student