[R-sig-eco] Diversity on standardised densities in R

Vít Syrovátka syrovat at sci.muni.cz
Fri Oct 25 09:10:41 CEST 2013

Hi,

vegan::rrarefy() is the right way to do this.

However, I can't imagine, how to take 50 random individuals from a
sample with less then 50 individuals.
One doesn't know, what species would be collected in case of a larger
sampling effort, R doesn't know either.
I would suggest doing this only for samples with more individuals, or
taking a smaller number of individuals.

Hope that helps,
Vit