[R-sig-eco] Multivariate Analyses of Ecological Communities

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Nov 4 16:59:32 CET 2013

   I've read the docs for anosim, adonis, and mrpp and am currently reading
the vegan tutorial. Toward the end of the anosim and mprr docs the author
writes that each has potential shortcomings and recommends the adonis
package be used instead. This leads to my two questions:

   1) Why are anosin and mrpp packages still maintained and included? That
they are suggests question

   2) Under what circumstances are these two packages appropriately used?

TIA,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |      Have knowledge, will travel.
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |