[R-sig-eco] AdehabitatHR package on R

Clement Calenge clement.calenge at oncfs.gouv.fr
Fri May 24 09:33:05 CEST 2013

On 05/23/2013 07:22 PM, Dylann Kersusan wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have been "handling" the adehabitatHR package quit a lot these last days.
> I have few questions regarding this:
>
> -first: regarding the getverticehr() "function". I am actually estimating
> activity UDs with the Biased Random Bridges method (from Benhamou 2011). Is
> there any way to get the UD's size?

 From the help page of the function BRB():

‘BRB’ returns an object of class ‘estUDm’ when the UD is estimated
for several animals, and ‘estUD’ when only one animal is studied.

 From the help page of the function getverticeshr(), the main argument x is:

x: For ‘getverticeshr.estUD’, an object of class ‘estUD’. For
‘getverticeshr.estUDm’, an object of class ‘estUDm’. For
‘getverticeshr.MCHu’, an object of class ‘MCHu’.

So yes, you can use getverticeshr() to estimate the home range size.

>   Is the function getverticehr() is
> working fine for such purpose?

Yes.