[R-sig-eco] population model with proportions as responses

Zoltan Botta-Dukat botta-dukat.zoltan at okologia.mta.hu
Wed May 8 10:39:05 CEST 2013

Dear Milos,

> It could be a problem that the predictors (forest_percent + meadow_percent + plowland_percent) are non-independent, but I don't know if it's a big problem. Maybe someone else could weigh in on that.

Such strong linear relationship between predictors (collinearity) is a
big problem. If all predictor included, the model becomes ill-defined. I
suggest including only two of them. Choose the pair of predictor that
lead to most easily interpretable model (probably choosing the two
extreme habitat is the best solution).

Best wishes

Zoltan

--