[R-sig-eco] Mantel correlogram?

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 12:44:42 CET 2013

Hi Kathy,

It's easiest to answer questions like that if you provide enough of
your data to create a reproducible example, like:
dput(head(mydata, 15))

But it sounds like you may just need subset(), rather than this being
a question about Mantel correlograms per se.

A Mantel correlogram is a good choice if your hypothesis is expressed
in terms of distances, rather than in terms of raw data. It can't
magically make up for insufficient data: if you don't have enough data
to calculate a meaningful semivariogram, you also don't have enough to
calculate a meaningful Mantel correlogram.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org