[R-sig-eco] quantifying directed dependence of environmental factors

Jay Kerns gjkernsysu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 15:50:14 CET 2013

Dear Sarah,

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Sarah Goslee <sarah.goslee at gmail.com> wrote:
> That sounds like a job for path analysis or for structural equation
> modeling, depending on the level of sophistication desired and the
> hypotheses to be tested.

*Yes!*  I said almost the exact same thing (I didn't say anything
about Path Analysis because I don't know much about it), but I had it
in my mind that SEM was targeted more to sociological things and
didn't know if/that it was common in ecological contexts.  Anyway,
it's nice to hear that word coming from somebody else.

> There are plenty of good resources for both, in and out of R.

Indeed.  I have some work to do.  Thank you.

--
Jay