[R-sig-eco] Basic Question about GLMM

zkzlzx zkzlzx at 126.com
Fri Jun 7 10:05:48 CEST 2013

The intercept means no treatment, here it refers to the effect of placebo
(control), being significant says the placebo has an effect on the bacteria.
In general, we donot care about the intercept, in this case, what we want to
know is whether the treatments work.

the | sign is used for the random effect, here several results corresponds
to each ID, thus ID should be taken as random effect, "week" before the |
means random-slope, which refers to difference among the weeks may be
greater in some IDs than others.