[R-sig-eco] [R] extract beta.sim from dist type data (package betapart)

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 15:16:40 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 5:12 AM, Elaine Kuo <elaine.kuo.tw at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Sarah,
>
> Thank you for the help very much.

As already requested, please don't cross-post. Send your message to
either the ecology list or the main help list, but NOT both.

> Please kindly advise manuals dealing with the object list (or dist).
> In addition, I would like to show the beta diversity index in a map.
> Please kindly advise any other R package in need.

Every intro to R ever written talks about working with lists: they're
a core class.

You could try the one that came with your R installation and is on the
main R website, or google for more options.

Also note that in my original reply to the ecology list, I gave you a
full working example.

I can't answer your map question, because I don't have any idea what
kind of spatial data you have to work with. GPS coordinates?
Shapefiles? Raster?

I can recommend the book Applied Spatial Data Analysis with R by
Bivand, but I can't give concrete suggestions without a reproducible
example.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee