[R-sig-eco] fourthcorner() with missing data

Beth Atkinson beth.atkinson at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Jan 8 16:40:21 CET 2013

Hello,

I want to do a fourth corner analysis but I have missing data. I have 169
species from 32 plots. There are 4 habitat types and I'm looking at 8
traits. However, I don't have trait data for all species for each trait
(each trait has data for at least 80% of species).

The function fourthcorner in ade4 returns an error message about NAs. Is
there a way around this? If I remove species that have data missing for any
trait, I lose around a third of the species.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth Atkinson

PhD student