[R-sig-eco] Ranked abundance distribution

Sheri O'Connor soconnor at lakeheadu.ca
Tue Dec 17 16:52:59 CET 2013

Hi Sol,

I am assuming that your samples are stratigraphic? You might want to
check out the rioja package
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/rioja/index.html for
constrained hierarchical clustering (chclust function) by
stratigraphic sequence.

Another idea is biclustering using the method discussed in this paper:
http://fossil.earthsci.carleton.ca/~tpatters/pubs2/2005/boudreau2005jpaleolimn33_445-461.pdf
which you can calculate and display with modifications to this:
http://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/12580/interpretation-of-two-way-clustering-in-r

Other methods in the Boudreau paper might be useful to test the
significance of your samples and species.

HTH,
Sheri