[R-sig-eco] extract distance from betadisp {vegan}

Gavin Simpson gavin.simpson at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 23 00:41:51 CEST 2013

The distance to centroid for a site isn't a measure of that site's alpha
diversity. It is a reflection (an approximation) of the compositional
similarity of the sample to the other samples; distances between sites
reflect compositional dissimilarity.

The value you want are in the `$distances` component of the object
returned by `betadisper`.

I should add those as one of the options that `scores.betadisper`
extracts for you.

But I'm not convinced from what you write in your email that this
comparison is warranted nor that it will be fruitful nor enlightening.

HTH