[R-sig-eco] About additive partitioning - adipart

Peter Solymos solymos at ualberta.ca
Mon Oct 29 22:28:19 CET 2012

Thiago,

Additive diversity partitions are calculated as difference between
expected diversities at subsequent levels of a given sampling
hierarchy. If levels are not nested, it is not clear how to partition
these terms. You need either 1) to come up with a defendable method of
how to additively partition diversity among crossed hierarchies, or 2)
compare diversity partitions among plant species (e.g. using it as
highest level of the hierarchy, and define all subsequent levels as
the interaction between plant species and geographically nested
levels).

Cheers,

Peter

--
Péter Sólymos, Dept Biol Sci, Univ Alberta, T6G 2E9, Canada AB
solymos at ualberta.ca, Ph 780.492.8534, http://psolymos.github.com