[R-sig-eco] Zuur or Pinheiro& Bates

Mieke Zwart m.c.zwart at newcastle.ac.uk
Thu Nov 29 10:19:50 CET 2012

Dear Martin,

I can recommend Zuur et al (2009). Especially if you are working with R all the R code used is described in detail in the book. Also why they choose that specific model is well described, from data exploration towards the final model. If your data might suffer from zero-inflation then Zuur et al. (2012): Zero Inflated Models and Generalized Linear Mixed Models with R. is also very good.

However I am not familiar with the Pinheiro & Bates book. So I am not sure how good that one is compared to the Zuur book.

Best,

Mieke