[R-sig-eco] Error in La.svd(x, nu, nv) : error code 1 from Lapack routine 'dgesdd'

Duarte Viana viana.sptd at gmail.com
Mon May 14 15:06:31 CEST 2012

Hello all,

When I perform a cross validation with the function "crossval" of the
package cocorresp (for a co-correspondence analysis), I get the
following error:

Error in La.svd(x, nu, nv) : error code 1 from Lapack routine 'dgesdd'

I think the problem is not in the function, as other people has had
the same error for other types of model (see, for example,
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.ecology/2608). From this
and other posts, I suppose it is a convergence problem.

I am working with presence-absence species matrices, and the problem
persists even if I transform the matrices with Hellinger
transformation (although not at the same site).

Does anyone know how to solve, or go around, this problem?

Any advice would be most welcome.
Thanks,

Duarte