[R-sig-eco] (no subject)

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 16:23:58 CEST 2012

Hi Nils,

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Nils Gülzow <Nils.Guelzow at gmx.de> wrote:
> hey Sarah,
>
> thanks for your good advice, I will add the information (actual code and
> error message) but I didn´t get what you mean with
> dput(), so how can I make my data available for the list?
> Sorry I am Nooby here ;-)

Please read
?dput

To include data properly in an email, do
dput(mydata)
or
dput(head(mydata, 20))
if your data frame has many rows, and copy the result into your email.
Using dput() preserves the data structure and values.

> P.S. Should I write a new mail or can I just add something to this thread?

You can and should add to this thread, but please remember to use
just to me.

Sarah

> Cheers, Nils
>

> P.S. Should I write a new mail or can I just add something to this thread?
> Am 27 Jun 2012 um 16:03 schrieb Sarah Goslee:
>
> Hi Nils,
>
> Please use dput() to provide your data, and include the actual code
> and error messages. I assume you actually mean the ez package? It's
> important to provide a full explanation of the problem so that someone
> can offer good advice.
>
> Sarah
>
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM, "Nils Gülzow" <Nils.Guelzow at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Dear List,
>

> I have a problem with the ezANOVA package using for rm ANOVA or a problem
> with my statistic design of the experiment. (or  both ;-))
>

> My file looks like this (is also attached):
>

> sample  days        treatments           repl.  dispersal
>  gbiov/rich/evenness
>
> 1-36    7,14,21     synchron,asynchron   1-4    low,medium dependent
> variable
>
>        28,35,42    controll                    high
>

> I would like to compare within SSw (treatment,dispersal) over time (days=
> between, SSb)for the listed variables gbiov, rich, evenness (dv), of course
> a single analysis for each variable. I used the repl. column as the SS
> identifier for the replicates, so I have for each combination of dispersal x
> treatment 4 replicates.
>

> My problem is that for one combination (asynchron x low) I have only three
> replicates and by checking with ezDesign, I add the missing replicates by
> reseting to zero for each time point, but still I get error message, except
> when I add days to the within-SSw and omit between-SSb. But that makes no
> sence to me.
>

> analysis<-ezANOVA(data=..., dv=.(gbiov), wid=.(repl),
> within=.(treat,disp),between=.(days))
>

> Perhaps, the SS identifier makes no sence?!
>

> Thanks in advance for solving the problem
>

> Best,
>
> Nils

Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org